If you’re a carb lover (I’ve never met a person who isn’t…), you NEED this easy-peasy recipe in your life! I’ll preface this by saying that I am not a ‘let’s go make some homemade dough’ kinda person in that as you may know by now, I go for the path of least resistance in the kitchen. The easier, the better! When I came across this dough recipe, I was completely skeptical how just 2 simple ingredients could actually make something that I’d want to eat.
Trust me, friends, this one is a keeper! It is so simple you’ll wonder why it wasn’t thought of years ago! The high protein content is great for those of us trying to add more protein while reducing our caloric intake. That’s why this recipe, and variations of it, are so popular within WW groups.
Today, I’ll explain how to make EASY garlic knots using this miracle dough!
I’ll cut to the chase because I’m sure you’re dying to know right now how to make this special dough….ready? It is equal parts plain Greek yogurt (I only use Fage because other brands can change the outcome) and self-rising flour (I use King Arthur brand but any brand will work). That’s it! Told you it was so simple!
Using this recipe so far, I have made bagels in my air fryer with a light egg wash, garlic knots, and pizza dough. My mom loved the recipe so much that she grabbed this book with fantastic recipes from the library and now it is on my list to get from Amazon!
The steps are super simple when making this dough:
- Add equal parts Fage plain Greek yogurt and self rising flour into a mixing bowl (use as much or as little as you want, just has to be EQUAL…so if you use 1/2 cup flour, use 1/2 cup yogurt and so on)
- Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Form into a ball and place on a floured surface (it helps to have flour on your hands as well – this dough is sticky!)
- Knead the dough 7 or 8 times, adding flour as needed if dough is too sticky to handle.
- Depending on what you are making at the end, you can divide the dough at this point. To do this, I use a pizza wheel and first divide in half, then continue dividing in half until you have the size you’d like. (I chose to make 8 garlic knots)
- Add toppings on dough (for the garlic knots recipe as shown, I added a little olive oil, garlic & parmesan cheese), for bagels I use an egg wash on top so they brown, but there are NUMEROUS options! (Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning is a popular choice!)
- For the garlic knots as shown, place on parchment paper and bake in your 350 degree preheated oven for 15-22 minutes. ( If you are baking bagels, the time will need to be adjusted. For pizza crust, I bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-14 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of what you are baking, too. )
Voila! Enjoy your warm, fresh-from-the-oven homemade dough! All of these recipes work well in the air fryer, too!
Two-ingredient pizza dough is popular at our house! Fresh, easy to make, and high in protein. Pair it with Trader Joe’s reduced fat mozzarella and your favorite toppings for any easy meal!
Leave me a comment below and let me know if you have tried this miracle dough and what you’ve made with it! I’d love to hear!
Happy baking, friends!