Where did the Summer go? I started June with lofty goals of everything I wanted to blog about over the course of 12 weeks when the kiddies were on vacay from school, but you know what they say about the best laid plans…. 😉
In any regard, I AM BACK! With oodles of great recipes, home hacks and Fall fashion for you, dear reader!
Let’s get this taste-bud party started with everyone’s Fall favorite: pumpkin (well, maybe not *everyone*, but if you don’t like pumpkin, I’m not sure if we can be friends?!) . These WW approved “skinny” muffins are just 1 point each, or 83 calories. I can attest that my kids (even my super picky eater who will shun veggies from a mile away) LOVE these! In fact, my middle schooler ate the last muffin this morning which I had earmarked for myself…..so of course I had to toss more in the oven with this super easy-peasy recipe.
All the glorious credit goes to Lindsay Kehl at The Pound Dropper for creating this recipe that makes me feel like I’m eating something decadent, but doesn’t blow all my WW points for the day! Check out her site for more recipes – I’ve been SUPER happy with everything I’ve tried!
- 1.5 cups self rising flour (I use King Arthur)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg & cloves (I subbed for 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice because this is what I have in my cupboard)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I made mine today without vanilla because I am out and it still tastes amazing!)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar substitute (I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener that I found at Costco or Amazon)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute (I use Lakanto for this as well)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling…you need to get just the plain pureed pumpkin for this)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (I use Mott’s)
Instructions: this is my method, differing slightly from the original recipe to save time! The original recipe mixes the dry ingredients separately, then the wet, but I have made it both ways and can’t detect any differences.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners (I use parchment from Target)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and powder, spices, and sugars
- Add to it the egg, vanilla, pumpkin, applesauce
- Whisk it until JUST combined (don’t over mix!)
- Scoop evenly into your prepared muffin pan (I use an ice cream scoop like this to make it uniform…except mine is vintage with a bakelite handle!!! Swoon….)
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until tops bounce back when touched
- Store in an airtight container
Yield: 12 muffins/ 1 WW Freestyle point per muffin. 83 calories.
JUST LOOK at the GLORIOUSNESS (making up words when I get excited about baked goods) of THESE muffins!!
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention these super fun plates my dear friend Nathalie bought me from LeCreuset after a trip I took last year to Paris (oh my heart). These fun and whimsical plates certainly make me smile every time I use them! I’m a HUGE proponent of buying dishes that you love, so when I’m not using my Fiestaware, I’m likely eating off of these cuties!
If you try these sweet muffins, leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!